Personal information submitted through this Site will be collected, stored and processed on servers in the United States. The laws pertaining to personal information in the US and abroad may be less stringent than the laws of the country in which you reside; however, we will store, process, transmit and disclose your personal information in as safe, confidential and secure manner as possible using industry standard practices.
You may browse the Site without providing any personal information. However, to sign the petition or receive notifications on legislative issues we will collect the following information:
- first name
- last name
- email address
- zip code
- standard weblog information including IP address.
The information you provide will be used on the petition and delivered to government officials. It will also be used to send you emails with information related to Ownership Rights, this website and campaign.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. Third parties that we do share your personal information with will not market to you without your consent. We may share your personal information with:
- service providers under contract who help with our business operations; and
- other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information.
- Without limiting the above, we may also disclose your personal information in order to:
- protect the legal rights, privacy or safety of the Organization or its employees, agents and contractors;
- protect the safety and security of visitors to our web sites or other properties;
- protect against fraud or other illegal activity or for risk management purposes;
- respond to inquiries or requests from public authorities;
- permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain;
- comply with the law or legal process.
You may access or update the personal information provided to us during registration at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
We treat your information as an asset that must be protected and we use numerous tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
This policy was last updated on June 11, 2012.